Want to become the most powerful mage in Elden Ring? Keep reading to learn about all the best ways you can build your Astrologer class!
When it comes to offering an abundance of content, Elden Ring surely delivers. You get to play as an exile or Tarnished in the Lands Between, whose goal is to traverse across this fantasy world to hunt down every Great Rune, restore the Elden Ring, and subsequently rule over the world as the Elden Lord.
Read More: Best Vagabond Builds in Elden Ring: Weapons, Armor Sets, and More
Apart from vast exploration opportunities, secret dungeons, monsters, and treasures, Elden Ring also has a well-diversified range of character classes. With that being said, if you want to embark on this magnificent journey as a magic-user, then the Astrologer class should be your top pick. That’s because it is not only the best sorcerer class in the game but also extremely beginner-friendly!
Moreover, you can make this class extremely powerful pretty early on in the game by carefully choosing your build. And in the Lands Between, being a little overpowered is what you should aim for, considering the difficulty of the battles with Demi-gods and Great Enemies. That’s why we have put together this guide to help you create the best Astrologer build, justifying why you should pick this class.
- Astrologer Class Stats
- Why play as Astrologer in Elden Ring
- Best Builds for Astrologer Class
- Stat Distribution
- Early Game Stat Distribution
- Late Game Stat Distribution
- Armor Sets
- Flask Spread
- Stat Distribution
Astrologer Class Stats
The Astrologer is a scholar, with their Intelligence surpassing that of all other classes. With a strong focus on Mind, Intelligence, and Dexterity, this character class is able to rely on both sorcery and swordsmanship alike in battle. Below is the list of starting stats for the Astrologer class:
- Intelligence –16
- Mind –15
- Dexterity –12
- Endurance –9
- Arcane –9
- Vigor –9
- Strength –8
- Faith –7
Why play as Astrologer in Elden Ring
As mentioned earlier, the Astrologer class can rely on both magic and sword when fighting enemies. That’s why you can build this character as a sorcerer or a seasoned melee combatant. But not relying on magic would be a waste for this class, given it has some powerful spells up its sleeves. Not to mention, it is the best sorcerer class in the game!
What’s great about the Astrologer class is that it has a good range of starting spells and weapons. But what’s even better is that they are easily upgradable. The starting staff you get for casting magic is The Astrologer’s Staff, which has a high Sorcery scaling. This helps increase the power of your magic.
Moreover, both Glinstone arc and Glinstone Pebble are strong sorcery spells on their own as they can reduce chunks of enemy health at once. While Glinstone Pebble is for targeting single enemies, the Glinstone Arc can wipe out groups of enemies. You will find yourself relying on these spells for a good portion of your playthrough.
Furthermore, the Short Sword you get in the beginning also deals a good amount of physical damage. This makes it easier for beginners to get around the world and fight off some of the earlier monsters until better gear becomes available.
Best Builds for Astrologer Class
In this section, we will go over the best builds for the Astrologer class in the early game and late game. Keep in mind that our goal here is to make an overpowered build right from the beginning so that significant changes are not required later down the line.
Since some of the best weapons and equipment for the Astrologer class can be acquired pretty early on in the game, players should focus on upgrading them as they go and focus on raising their stats.
Early Game Stat Distribution
- Primary Stats:
- Intelligence: 30+
- Vigor: 20+
- Secondary Stats:
- Mind: 15+
- Endurance: 15+
Late Game Stat Distribution
- Primary Stats:
- Intelligence: 60+
- Vigor: 40+
- Secondary Stats:
- Strength: 30+
- Dexterity: 20+
- Golden Seed – Gives you an extra flask which is essential in the early game as you will often find yourself running out of FP.
- Meteorite Staff – This is a Glintstone staff that can be acquired relatively early game. It has a high Sorcery scaling which scales with Intelligence. Moreover, it grants a passive boost for all Gravity sorcery such as Collapsing Stars, Rock Sling, Gravity well, etc. However, it cannot be upgraded. Players can get this staff by interacting with a teleportation trap in Dragon-Burnt Ruins that will take them to Caelid’s Sellia Crystal Tunnel.
- Demi-Human Queen’s Staff – In terms of performance, this staff slightly outperforms the Meteorite Staff. Moreover, it can also be upgraded, so you’ll want this staff for the long haul. Furthermore, this staff scales with both Strength and Intelligence, with its Sorcery scaling being based on Intelligence. Players can get this staff by defeating the Demi-Human Queen mini-bossin Demi-Human Forest Ruins of the Weeping Peninsula.
- Lazuli Glintstone Sword – This is a straight sword that’s meant to be the perfect fit for sorcerers. The sword scales with Intelligence and Strength with relatively low Strength requirements. The Lazulo Glintstone Sword trades off its physical damage for more magic damage. Moreover, it also comes with the Glintstone Pebble skill, allowing you to shoot projectiles at enemies. This item is dropped by Lazuli Sorcerersin Raya Lucaria Academy.
- Crystal Sword – This straight sword scales with Intelligence, Strength, and Dexterity. That’s why as an Astrologer, the Crystal Sword will be a great choice for your melee weapon. Moreover, the crystal sword comes equipped with the Spinning Slash Ash of War. Players can find this sword in the Village of the Albinaurics located in the region of Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Astrologer’s Set – This is your starting armor. It is a light-weight armor set that offers little protection physical and elemental damage but amps up your Focus and Vitality. You can keep using this armor set for a considerable amount of time before needing to switch to something better.
- Lazuli Sorcerer Set – This is a light-weight armor donned by the Lazuli Sorcerers in Academy of Raya Lucaria. It offers moderate protection against both physical and magic attacks. Moreover, it provides an ample amount of Focus and Vitality to the players. Players can acquire parts of the set separately by fighting Crystal Crabs, Lazuli Sorcerers, andRaya Lucaria Sorcerers across the legacy dungeon.
- Raya Lucarian Sorcerer Set– This is a light-weight armor set that caters to intelligent characters. Although it offers light protection against physical attacks, the Raya Lucarian set does offer moderate protection against magic. Moreover, this armor set is more robust than the Lazuli set. You can farm all parts of this armor set in theAcademy of Raya Lucaria by killing mobs of Raya Lucaria Sorcerers.
- Sage Set – This is also a light-weight armor set for sorcerers that offers slightly better overall protection than the Raya Lucarian set. Players can find this set in theStillwater Cave locatedin Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Carian Slicer – This is a melee-type sorcery that allows you to slash away at enemies with a long magical sword. Although it requires you to engage in melee combat, unlike other sorceries, the Carian Slicer is relatively powerful and works great against single and multiple enemies alike due to the area it covers. Players can purchase this from a sorceress named Sellen for 1,500 Runes at the Waypoint Ruins in Limgrave after giving her the Royal House Scroll.
- Glintblade Phalanx – This is a defensive sorcery that surrounds the player with multiple magic swords which attack all nearby enemies. This sorcery works great on horseback as it allows players to move around the enemy and let the floating magic swords do all the damage. Players can purchase this from Sorceress Sellen after giving her the Royal House Scroll.
- Rock Sling – This is a gravity sorcery that allows players to lift up chunks of earth and throw them as projectiles over a large AoE. It deals a great amount of damage and can be used against multiple enemies or a single large enemy. This skill will work even better when you have the Meteorite staff equipped.
- Loretta’s Greatbow – This is a powerful sorcery that launches a greatarrow at enemies using a magical bow. Players can unlock this sorcery by defeating the Royal Knight Loretta in Caria Manor.
- Ash of War: Loretta’s Slash –This skill allows player to imbue their swords with glintsone and perform a sweeping slash that devastates enemies. Just like the Loretta’s Greatbow sorcery, players can unlock this skill by defeating the Royal Knight Loretta in Caria Manor.
- Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx – This skill works exactly like its sorcery spell counterpart, except costs less FP to cast. The Ash of War comes with Rogier’s Rapier which can be collected from Rogierat theRoundtable Hold after you have defeated Godrick the Grafted.
- Ash of War: Hoarfrost Stomp –Stomping on the ground causes a frosty mist to form over a large AoE that can inflict a freeze status effect on enemies.
- Erdtree’s Favor – Casting spells consume stamina, and anything that increases your health is a must have item in Elden Ring. That’s why, you’ll want to keep Erdtree’s Favor as this talisman will increase both your Stamina and HP, along with Equip Load. Players can acquire this talisman at the Fringefolk Hero’s grave.
- Radagon’s Sorseal – Greatly boosts stat attributes such as Vigor, Dexterity, Endurance and Strength in exchange for increased damage taken. This talisman can be found on a corpse in Fort Faroth, Dragonbarrow.
- Carian Filigreed Crest – This talisman reduces the FP cost of performing skills. Players can purchase the Carian Filigreed Crest from War Counselor Ijiafter completing Blaidd’s quest.
- Graven School Talisman – This talisman increases the potency of sorceries, increasing the damage dealt from them. Players can find the Graven School Talisman in Academy of Raya Lucaria legacy dungeon.
For a sorcery-based Astrologer build, your flask spread should be leaning more towards Mana than Health. So, by having 2 flasks for Health, the rest should be invested in Mana.
Read More:Best Class in Elden Ring: Ranked from Worst to Best